Loctite 2701 Threadlocker Permanent Strength, Oil Tolerant, 250ml
High strength, low viscosity, green, methacrylate-based threadlocking adhesive which fluoresces under UV light to allow monitoring.
LOCTITE 2701 is a green, low viscosity, methacrylate-based threadlocking adhesive with high strength, especially for chromated surfaces. Steel fixture time of 10 min, brass 4 min and stainless steel 25 min. Tolerates slight contaminations of industrial oils. Suitable for all metal fasteners. Fluoresces under UV light.
- Prevents loosening and leakage from shock & vibration: It occupies all the microscopic spaces between the grooves of mating threads and cures into a hard thermoset plastic that strengthens the assembly against shocks and seals the threads.
- Fluorescent: It has a characteristic green colour that fluoresces under UV light. This helps during service to detect whether the product had been applied or not.
- Gives high strength even on chromated surface.
- Fast fixture with steel fixture time of 10 min, brass 4 min and stainless steel 25 min.
- Low viscosity
- Fluoresces to allow quality control and inspection
- High strength, especially for chromated surfaces
- Prevents unwanted movement, loosening, leaks and corrosion
- Resists vibration
- Seals threads – allows through-hole tapping
|Chemical Basis / Base||Methacrylate|
|Fixture Time||4.0 – 25.0 min.|
|Substrates||Metal: Steel, Metal: Steel – Stainless Steel, Metal: Brass|
|Viscosity, Brookfield – RVT, @ 25.0 °C Spindle 2, speed 20 rpm||500.0 – 900.0 mPa·s (cP)|