LOCTITE SI 587 is a silicone paste used for gasketing and sealing applications for both plant maintenance and small, medium, and large-sized OEM.
As a formed-in-place gasket sealant, it has been designed to give outstanding performance in typical automotive gasketing applications including valve covers, rocker covers, oil pans, water pumps, end seals, intake manifolds, and rear axle housings.
- Occupies all surface imperfections between flange surfaces providing a leak proof seal.
- Oxime silicones which do not corrode flange surfaces unlike ordinary RTV sealants which are acetoxy based.
- Excellent adhesive for bonding and repairing fabricated silicone gaskets.
- Excellent resistance to automotive engine oils and adheres to a wide range of substrates.
- Enhances load bearing & shock absorbing characteristics of the bonding area.
- Fills Gaps upto 6.35 mm
- 260°C Service Temperature
- Oil Resistant