OCTITE® 242 is a medium strength threadlocking adhesive offering general-purpose qualities. The product provides quick fixture times on steel, brass and stainless steel of 5, 15 and 20 minutes respectively.
- Medium strength – Removable with hand tools
- Works on less active substrates also
- Quick fixture time
Features and benefits
- Prevents loosening and leakage from shock & vibration: It occupies all gaps between the mating threads and cures into a hard thermoset plastic that strengthens the assembly against shocks and seals the threads.
- Fluorescent: It has a characteristic blue colour that fluoresces under UV light. This helps during service to detect as to whether or not the product had been applied.
- Medium strength: When required, assemblies locked with this can be easily removed using standard hand tools.
|Maximum thread size||M6 to M20 (1/4″ TO 3/4″)|
|Breakaway/Prevail Torque (N.m)||7.9/2.8|
|Cure Time (Fixture/Cure Strength)||10 min/24 hour|